I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Sunday, November 14, 2010

314/365 Moose in his prime


Moose in his prime, originally uploaded by phlegmmy.

Moosie is now almost 16 and showing his age. He's thin, has chronic sinusitis, is hyperthyroid and has developed heart arrythmia. We've had "that" discussion, but since he is still eating, still leaping up on his tower with ease and still greeting us, we are going to let him tell us when. He is confined to one room, mainly because of Casper and because he isn't always the best at using the cat box any longer. He was always a solitary cat, not the type to sit in your lap, that was Mouse, but I still feel a bit bad. We spend time with him over the course of the day. He doesn't take care of his coat so when we were on vacation, they body-clipped him at the vets and we try to keep up with it in the shorter stage. He loves the grooming if you don't hold him, which can make it tricky, but we get it done. We finish with a once over with the vacuum which he seems to love. The nail clipping part isn't his favorite, but I've been doing it since he was a kitten so he tolerates it. This is one of my favorite pictures of him, looking very regal. (He is a purebred Norwegian Forest Cat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment