I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Sunday, July 4, 2010

Brent on the steps of the Beekman 1802 Mercantile

I've become a big fan of the show "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" on Planet green. It's a reality show about a gay couple who buys an old mansion in central NY and end up being more involved than they ever thought they would, raising goats, making goat cheese and goat milk soap. It a very funny, sometimes touching show. We went to Sharon Springs today and found out that Brent was working in the Mercantile where they sell the soap and cheese. He was gracious enough to come out and pose on the porch for a photo and seemed surprised that I didn't want to be in the picture with him. It never even occurred to me because I am always on the other side of the camera. He was very sweet and very funny and when we told him we watched the show, he said "I'm not as mean in real life as I am on the show." (They do bicker a lot, but I heard an interview with them on the radio and they said when the TV show winnows it down to little snippets at a time, it just seems worse than it is. I am assuming they bicker no more than any other couple...)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun show!

    This picture is a perfect gray study, Only the chair and a pit of the picture haning in the background breaks the tones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of that show, I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete