I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Wednesday, September 1, 2010

241/365


241/365 Quite the fungus, originally uploaded by phlegmmy.

I think this is a Chicken of the Woods mushrom, Laetiporus sulphureus. If I'm right it doesn't bode well for this tree. The site I used to identify it says that it is a heart rot mushroom so if it is on the tree, the "chickens have indeed gone home to roost" and it means the end of the tree. It is a pretty cool fungus and rather large, and on a neighbors tree, not one of mine.

1 comment: