I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Friday, May 7, 2010

127/365

Well, duh. I guess my feeling down in the dumps was easily explained. I was listening to my iPod at work and an instrumental version of "Shenandoah" came on and it was one of dad's favorites and a song that we played at his funeral and it made me realize that the anniversary of my dad's death is next week, and this weekend is Mother's Day. A double whammy of sorts. Then when I got home, I had a Mother's Day card from my stepdaughter. It just touched me so much that I started to cry. Butch seemed to understand the fragile state I was in so when I asked him to take me for a ride, he just said "where do you want to go?" We ended up going to Auburn over all these back roads, so that I could look for historical markers. I have always been intrigued by them and have been taking photos of them since last year. I took almost two dozen, so it was a successful trip. We never found the Millard Fillmore birthplace sign but found this instead. It made us both laugh.

We also had a late lunch at a place in Skaneateles where you can get breakfast all day--so I did. Tomorrow is the annual Mother's Day weekend birdwalk and breakfast at Baker's Acres in Lansing, which will be fun. Happy weekend and happy mother's day in advance.


1 comment:

  1. have a great time on the bird walk

    see something wonderous for me

    tomorrow is international migratory bird day

    fly fly away

    ReplyDelete