I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Saturday, May 8, 2010

128/365

Well, the bird walk was fun, as usual. This is my third year, my sister's second and my next door neighbor's first year. The rain put a tiny damper on things, but we saw Baltimore Orioles, Robins, Cardinals, Barn Swallows, Yellow Warbler, White Crowned Sparrow (3 of them) Killdeer, Flicker, Chipping Sparrow, Red-winged Blackbirds, House Sparrows. And a muskrat, too. :-)

After the walk we always have a breakfast (delicious!) and more birding conversation after which I stepped outside to takes pix of the gardens before we left. (The birdwalk is held at an Apple Orchard/ Garden center. They have beautiful display gardens.) I found the resident cat in amongst the ferns.



2 comments:

  1. That cat and fern picture is worthy of being framed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the catbird is the catch of the day

    I heard my first Rufous Hummer today. So worrisome that they think they have had a population dive. Based on my year so far, I agree :-(

    ReplyDelete