I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Monday, May 17, 2010

137/365

I spent too much time on Ancestry.com today. I found this, although you will have to take my word on it. It kind of made me laugh. It's a page from the 1920 census and it looks like there are 25 people in the household, ranging in age from 4 to 60+. My grandmother, at the age of 24 is listed as one of the household members. The head of the household is listed as William R George. People local to me may recognize that as "Daddy" George, of the George Jr Republic, now known as the William George Agency. Whoever scanned and interpreted the data from the census misunderstood that this was not a household. They also misread Penna for Russia, so it looks like my grandmother's father was born in Russia. With a name like O'Connell, I don't think so. Luckily you can add your two cents when there are discrepencies like this. But I did get a kick out of it. I met Daddy George's daughter when she was an old woman and she still remember my grandmother 60 years later. Kinda cool.


2 comments:

  1. Where do you find the energy to do all the things you do???

    My uncle, who has a blog , is into family history. He made a post a few weeks back about his fathers ( my mothers father) family name.

    You can link to it

    http://tomrobischonsblog.blogspot.com/

    as you read it a familiar sirname might catch you eye.


    http://tomrobischonsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The energy I find--the time is a bit of trouble. I stayed up too late last night.

    ReplyDelete