I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Saturday, October 2, 2010

267/365


268/365 Cider press, originally uploaded by phlegmmy.

September is an exciting time around here as we all await the opening of Hollenbeck's Cider Mill in Virgil NY. For some people it's the apples and the cider, made on this very old and very large cider press, and for some people (us) it's the PIES! LOL They make the best apple, dutch apple and pumpkin pies. And if you're lucky, every now and then they make a dutch lemon pie which is heavenly--the sweetness of the crumble on top compliments the tartness of the lemon filling. YUM. There is also a room across from the cider press where they make donuts and you can watch the process through a large glass window. There are always parents clustered outside with kids on their shoulders watching in fascination.

It's a favorite fall destination for people in our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment