I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Sunday, October 10, 2010

280/365 Party at my house!


280/365 Party at my house!, originally uploaded by phlegmmy.

Bring a rake! LOL! When Butch and I bought this house it was in June and we had a small open house in the fall to celebrate our first anniversary and the new house. We actually put the "bring a rake" as a joke on the invitation because we were not prepared for the amount of leaves. After the first year of raking we invested in a walk behind chipper vac and even though we only use it for a couple of weeks in the fall, it is our favorite piece of equipment. The newest one has a hose attachment so we can get in around the foundation and the shrubs. We compost all of the leaves and it makes wonderful stuff. We never use any kind of fertilizer in our beds, but plant in leaf mould and use it as mulch sometimes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment