I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Sunday, October 10, 2010

279/365 buttons


279/365 buttons, originally uploaded by phlegmmy.

I don't know why I love buttons, but I do. When we were cleaning out my folks house after my dad died, one of the few things I wanted was my mother's button tin, which I remembered always being there. A couple of years later when my mom's sister died and we were cleaning out her house, I found her button tin, which was probably my grandmother's before it was my aunt's. So I have that, too. When another aunt heard about it, she gave me HER mother's button box, which I never really touched in case anyone in her family actually wants it. (Her daughter wouldn't, I'm sure, but you never know if a grandchild would.) So when Butch's mom passed and they asked us if we wanted anything of hers, I automatically asked if she kept a button box. She didn't, but Butch's sister remembered it when her MIL died and now I have her MIL's button box. I have become the unofficial keeper of the buttons.

These buttons are on a sweater I just bought, one of the reasons I liked the sweater was the buttons.

1 comment:

  1. if you ever get down to NYC you will need to go to Mood Fabric and run amok in their Button Bar

    ReplyDelete