I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Wednesday, April 7, 2010

97/365

First, especially for Louise...

I was out in the garden today and heard a rustling sound and looked down and saw this little snake. I *think* it is an eastern Garter snake but I'm not sure. Most of the garter snakes I have seen (and ICK!--removed from my house) have been darker in color. But I checked a couple of websites and it sort of looks like some of the photos of garter snakes. Anyway, it was very photogenic and quite tolerant of me photographing it.



I walk through the woodland every afternoon looking to see what is coming up and thinking I really ought to do some WORK. Maybe over the weekend...

2 comments:

  1. best i can tell this might be Eastern Garter Snake which is sub-species of Common Garter snake. they are hightly viriable on color and gree / yellow is mentioned

    It is beautiful

    My program right now is to get house work done during the evenings and have weekend totally free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casper! What a pretty little snake. They really are amazing creatures.

    I'm like you, though, I have gotten a lot done, there's a lot more to go. I need to get at the overgrown garden, before it becomes an impossible task.

    ReplyDelete