I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Saturday, March 6, 2010

65/365

The sun has been shining for three days in a row. It has been heavenly even if it is still cold. I have one more day of vacation left. Oh well. The days are getting longer and spring is coming. I have now been at the farm for three weeks. I was in my own house for the first time in about 10 days and I realized how much I missed it. Casper goes home tomorrow to stay there until I am done so it is going to be a bit lonely. I have been getting reports that work has been horrible while I have been out, but I know that part of the reason is that they depend so much on me. I like to prove it to them every time I am on vacation, but you would think they would learn when I try to get them to understand that they need to get some other people trained for some of the things I do so they don't struggle in my absence. But they never learn. I'm already starting to grind my teeth in my sleep, just thinking about going back...

This was taken in the late afternoon, when the shadows over the pond were starting to really lengthen.


1 comment:

  1. I got an email from a work friend this morning, around 11 AM. She had been at work all morning, even if it was Saturday. Just thinking about having to do that, gave me a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

    I know how you feel, and I really do sympathize. I still get that awful "Sunday feeling" before I remember that I don't have to go to work on Monday.

    I don't know how long you have before you can retire, but, all I can say is, just hang in there. It does go faster than you think it will, even if it seems, that it isn't going fast enough.

    ReplyDelete