I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Wednesday, February 10, 2010

41/365

I hate any holiday that involves sending cards through the mail. I guess it's an occupational hazard. I do like getting them, so it's a predicament. We're seeing the brunt of it, lots of pink and red envelopes today, must be from parents and grandparents because lord knows kids don't use snail mail much. When I first started it was wicked because it was the only means of communication for most kids at college, mail and pay phones. I remember one year when I was sorting mail for Cornell getting postcard after postcard for the same kid. We eventually realized that when you put them all together that they formed a picture. Kids don't get really creative anymore. They text and twitter. God, when did I turn into a curmudgeon? LOL

The doubleheaders found a little ceramic heart they want to share.

3 comments:

  1. How clever of those kids to do that with post cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, though

    100 years from now there will be a lack of envelopes with funny stamps and interesting handwriting. The hand written letter is such lost art

    I am different from you, I love making cards for Christmas. I don't usually send Valentines.

    ( sigh )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me wrong--I love getting and sending Christmas cards. I organize the christmas card exchange for the bull terrier people and we had 28 participants this year. I love it more than the secret santa. I just hate having to sort the damn things. LOL

    ReplyDelete