I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Thursday, February 18, 2010

49/365

Winter is still going strong. I had to drive through several inches of snow and a lot of little snowdrifts to get to work this morning, after snowblowing the driveway. At one AM. The driveway is 2/10ths of a mile long and it takes about a half hour to do one pass up and back because you have to go so slow. The road isn't plowed until 5 AM as a general rule, and may not get plowed again after 2 PM. There are pretty much just two houses on a two mile stretch of road that ends at the farm's driveway, so it's not a high priority. I love my snowplow guys.

This is what happens to icicles on a metal roof. As it melts it slidesof the edge and starts to curl under, giving the icicles an Edward Scissorhands look.


This was taken looking out the garage door up the driveway. The trees you see in the distance are on the road, so that gives you an idea of how long the driveway is.



2 comments:

  1. We had about five inches on the ground this morning, when I got up. My plow guy had already been here, but I had to go out and shovel all the paths to the bird feeders. It was that darn, heavy stuff, and, boy, was I tired when I got back inside. Birds were happy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tree and fence photo is stunning..

    ReplyDelete