I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Friday, February 26, 2010

57/365

The sun is finally out and we have blue skies and it makes me so happy after nothing but snow for over 24 hours. I have done the driveway 5 times in 24 hours because it is easier on the snowblower. The driveway is 2/10ths of a mile long so it is a godsend to have the tractor and I won't take a chance on screwing up the snowblower.

I shoveled this out at about 2 AM and by daylight it was drifted back in, not a good sign.

When the sun came out I was tackling this, after having shoveled out in front of the garage and around both barn doors. There is a huge snowdrift on the porch where the firewood gets loaded. The top of the snow drift is at least 4 feet high and since there are two steps off the porch the snow there is probably over 6 feet high. I did what I could from the other side with the tractor and am shoveling my way from the porch side. Not fun, but I'm doing it a bit at a time

Butch is in town dealing with a leaky roof, while my nephew helps him by shoveling off our roof. I'm hoping I can get down into town after the snowplow comes up again (usually by 2 PM--they only do the road twice a day because it dead ends at the driveway. The road goes on for several miles, but the snowplows don't go any further than the driveway to the farm.)


No comments:

Post a Comment