I'm a notorious procrastinator. Can I really stick to the project? Can I post one photo a day for 365 days? The pressure is almost unbearable.

(I DID IT! I stuck to the original project and in 2010 I took two photographs every day, for two different groups! I'm going to continue to add 365 photos per year to this blog, but they probably will not be taken on consecutive days. That is too much to ask...)




Saturday, February 13, 2010

44/365

After going over and playing with the grandkids for a bit this morning, we came home and found Casper cuddled up with a pillow on the couch. She likes to be comfy.


The birds are tormenting me. I have had Carolina Wrens at my feeder every day but they will not come around if I have a camera. I swear they taunt me. I filled the suet feeder today and stood as still as I could and in no time at all this little Downy Woodpecker came and had himself some fresh suet. A Chickadee buzzed in and out without stopping and I could hear the Nuthatches, but finally had to go inside because my fingers were getting cold. I didn't even get my coat off when the Carolina Wren showed up and tipped it's little tail towards me. I can't take pictures through my window because there are built in screens and I just can't take a clear picture through them. Anyway, the Downy has a funny way of eating. He pecks at the suet, then tips his head to one side and the other, back and forth and then does the whole process over and over. I'm so glad I go this particular feeder, the suet is easy to load and the birds seem to love it. One is plain, one has peanut butter added and one has blueberries added.




1 comment:

  1. Casper is a smart lady. I have the same problem photographing birds at my feeder. And, it's too far away. In the Spring, I'm doing some major reworking, moving it closer and adding a couple more posts and feeders.

    The good news -- when I was in the woods the other day, I heard a Cardinal singing his "Fierce, fierce, fierce" song. A sign of Spring, for sure.

    ReplyDelete